Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Judith Light!

Today is a cold and wintery Wednesday. Much more importantly though, it is also Judith Light's birthday.
I have been watching Judith for as long as I can remember. It started out with only knowing her as Angela Bower on "Who's The Boss". I was just a kid but I adored that character. As I got older, I began watching her other movies. I slowly began to realize that there was so much more to Judith then her WTB role. She was, and still is, beyond versatile. Her acting is not just surface deep. She truly becomes her characters. Right down to the tiniest details. It amazes me that she is not an A-list celebrity. For all her talent, she is sorely underappreciated.
Now, let's be honest. There are a decent amount of gifted actors. So, why Judith? What makes her special? Why do I admire her so much? Simply put, she is no one but herself. In all accounts, what you see is what you get. Judith doesn't portray herself as kind, considerate and loving... That's her natural personality. She truly appreciates her fans and takes time to meet them. Not to mention, Judith believes that celebrity is great but if she doesn't use it to help others, why have it.
So she does. She is extremely vocal in the fight against AIDS and an active supporter of the GLBT community. She was one of the first celebrities to really put herself out there and I admire her for the strength it takes to stand up and fight. Especially fir something so many people oppose.
So, Judith, today is your day. May it be filled with happiness, laughter and love. You deserve it!
Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment