Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The City That Never Sleeps

Hello again!
So, I am currently beyond excited! I am going to New York City in April!! I know. Big deal, right? Well, let me back up a bit and explain why this is such a huge thing for me...
See, when I was a kid, I always thought I would grow up to be this superstar. Loved and adored by millions of people all over the world. Don't get me wrong. I was in no way a snob and never did I think i was better then sliced bread. I just was SO sure that I would be someone some day. And, part of that daydream always had me going to New York, meeting celebrities, eating at the hot places... Just belonging to the city. So, here I am, years later, still living in a small town. Older, more mature and a sense of reality that knows no end. ( I have even made it to Germany but never to NYC. )
Well, a few months ago, I heard about a play on Broadway that one of my favorite actresses in the world is in.
(In case you were wondering, the aforementioned actress is the amazing and spectacular Judith Light.)
She is playing the role of Marie Lombardi in the aptly named play, Lombardi. Some of you are probably thinking at this point; "Football? Vince Lombardi? Broadway?" All reactions that I also had. I heard about it and shoved the information in the back of my brain's junk drawer. Yet, the reviews kept popping up in random places. Her fans were going to see this play and raving about it. So, I began to look more into it. I watched the interviews, read reviews both of the professional and personal nature.
 (After all, I find that I disagree with most professional critics anyway.)
So, by this point, i am intrigued. I mean, come on, rumor is that Judith is now potentially Tony nomination material for this part. I must see this play. Not to mention, there seems to be a great chance that I can meet Judith after the show and get her to sign my playbill. Meet Judith Light? In person? I'm there! So, *click* my tickets are ordered. Of course, after, we will have to head over to the famous Sardi's  for dessert and a drink. And, while we are in the city, shouldn't I explore and pretend that I own the town? I suppose, to make a long story slightly shorter, the answer is YES! My husband and I booked the plane tickets, reserved our hotel room and I have been pouring over my list of places I have always wanted to go. Trying to create the perfect experience for that little girl inside of me. That doe eyed child who always pictured her name in lights, headlining a show, in the city that never sleeps...

No comments:

Post a Comment